The Benefits of Blue Green Algae
- The single most nutrient dense food on the planet
- The world’s best “super food” due to its incredibly high concentration of proteins, vitamins and nutrients
- Increases endurance and stamina, reduces stress
- Achieves deeper levels of mental balance and mood stability
Currently, there are many well-known, well-documented benefits of organic blue-green algae, including:
- Powerful energy booster due to its incredibly high nutrient concentration.
- Anti-aging effects on skin, hair and organs.
- High concentration of anti-oxidants, allowing the body to rid itself of toxins and free-radicals more easily.
- Immune system strengthener. Clinical studies show that Blue-green Algae sends the Natural Killer (NK) cells into the blood stream. From there, these NK cells can find damaged tissues and begin to fight free-radicals.
- Stimulates stem cell release and movement, helping to regenerate damaged body tissue.
- Very absorbable to the body. Around 97% of the vitamins, minerals and enzymes found in blue-green algae are easily absorbed into the system.
- Reduction in headaches and pain.
- Improves digestion. Blue-green algae creates a coating effect on the stomach.
- Powerful detox effects allow us to rest easier, as they body does not have to work so hard to cleanse while we sleep.
- Weight reduction. Helps to balance food cravings.
- Improves mental focus, increases concentration.
- High protein content strengthens the hair, nails and skin.
- Beneficial effect on brain development, reducing depression and anxiety.
- Helps us to cope with stressful situations more easily.
- Regular consumption has been linked to improved memory recall.
- Powerful field of action over the immune system, as well as gastrointestinal functioning, endocrine system, nervous system, and cardio-vascular actions.
Natural Compounds in Organic Blue-Green Algae
Blue-green algae contains an incredibly high concentration of nutrients. It holds 64 vitamins, minerals and enzymes (all of which are easily absorbed by the human body), and more biologically active chlorophyll than any other known source of food.
Active constituents in blue-green algae also include higher levels of beta-carotene than broccoli, and it is composed of approximately 70% vegetable protein. It’s rich in calcium, iron, vitamins B12, B1, B6, C, and E, as well as the entire spectrum of eight essential amino acids and ten nonessential amino acids. Blue-green algae also contains the important minerals selenium, zinc, manganese, and copper.
The Cultivation of Blue Green Algae
Organic blue-green algae is harvested from oceans or lakes, during peak times of optimal growth. This is normally during the summertime, from June to November. After harvesting, the algae is then put through a filtration process to leave only the most vibrant blooms. From there, it is purified through centrifugation and low temperature air dried and sold as a powder.
- Henrikson, Robert. Earth Food Spirulina
- Gillian Cribbs (1997) Nature’s Superfood, the Blue-Green Algae Revolution. Newleaf. ISBN 0-7522-0569-2
- Improves Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD). 1997 Jarratt, C, et al, The Center for Family Wellness, Harvard, MA
- Improves children’s academic performance. 1995, Sevulla et al, Univ. Centro Americana
- Fogg, G.E., Stewart, W.D.P., Fay, P.and Walsby, A.E. 1973. The Blue-green Algae. Academic Press, London and New York. ISBN 0-12-261650-2
- Lowers cholesterol. 199, Kushak, R et all (1999), American Chemical Society